1. Club Monaco Zelda Print Top 2. Phillip Lim 3.1 Pashli Satchel 3. West Elm Oblique Dining Table 4. Zinc Door Arche Mirror 5. Pieces Urchin Burst on stand 6. J. Crew Sequined Pencil Skirt 7. Crate & Barrel Lander Sconce 8. The Cross Design Tibetan Lamb Ottoman
1. Gorgeous accessories at Da Vinci’s Home 2. Once a Tree striped chairs that are to die for 3. Taking in the view at Restoration Hardware (and ordering up a storm!) 4. Club Monaco stripes 5. Tory Burch espadrilles for date night 6. Leaving on a jet plane for Las Vegas with Vogue 7. Love the decor at La Cave at the Wynn……and the food! 8. Pool side at the Wynn 9. Wilfred jumper from Aritzia 10. More Restoration Hardware amazingness 11. Juju hat at the Cross- a store I can never get enough of 12. Our first look on December 31st, 2012. Our wedding was just featured on Style Me Pretty Canada- check it out!
The day has arrived to let you all in on a secret project that I have been working on for the past few months! I’ve blogged quite a bit about Once a Tree furniture in the past and my love for their quality furnishings. They are a local furniture company here in Vancouver that crafts their beautiful millwork and furniture in a studio below the store. My pipe dream has always been to own a furniture store and Once a Tree is my biggest source of inspiration. So when they announced a few years ago that they would be doing this Designer Showcase series I thought, no way would I be selected to do one, but I’m sure as hell going to try! So I presented my bedroom concept last fall and BAM! It made it!
I am thrilled to announce that I am the next designer in the Designer Showcase series and my room will be on display from June 20th until mid-September!!
Without giving too much away, the design concept for my bedroom showcase is comfortable luxury. I strive to design spaces in everyday life that are sophisticated and luxurious but they also have to be approachable and livable. I really wanted my bedroom to demonstrate this. I have been able to select some fabulous finishes and have designed almost each piece of furniture that Once a Tree will be producing. I am so thankful to Once a Tree and Daphne for allowing me to take part in this fantastic series that enables designers like myself to design a room of their dreams. Pinch me!
The launch party is coming up on June 20th from 6-9pm. Email me at email@example.com for more information! I would love to see you there!
Collage image sources here
TGIF!! TGIFFFF!!! What a crazy week! May is definitely a busy time of year in my neck of the woods and it shows no signs of slowing down. But it’s all super exciting and I thoroughly enjoy what I do. But I am looking forward to a bit of R&R this weekend.
On the schedule:
- Date night with my husband on a patio somewhere…..
- Jillian Michael’s is going to kick my ass at the gym
- Haul out all of my summer clothes to pack for Vegas next week
- Sleeping in
- Celebrating the best mom anyone in this world could ask for. I love you Mama!
And finally, I will be working on a secret project that will not be so secret this Monday! Come back to find out all about it, I can’t wait to share! Have a GREAT weekend!
Image via Design Darling
A new obsession of mine is Made Goods. My God, the accessories are out of this world! I love the natural, but luxurious feel of a few of the pieces. Unique, interesting accessories are sometimes hard to come by, but these pieces are truly stunning. The Coco mirror is a true favourite, it’s a piece of art. I think it would look perfectly dramatic in a dining or living room. Now if these items could just magically appear at my house, I’d be the happiest girl in the world.
Images via Made Goods, these pieces available at Clayton Gray Home
With all of this lovely warm weather that we’ve been having in Vancouver, it’s no doubt that summer is on the brain big time! I’ve put away all of my winter clothes and I’m looking forward to wearing looks like these. I’m especially loving white mixed with leopard. I wouldn’t normally pair the two, but it actually works. What trend are you looking forward to wearing this summer?
Patio season is finally upon us and I’m excited to spend weekend afternoons in the warm sun with a cocktail in hand and good eats! Decorating a patio should be an extension of the decor from your home. Lounge furniture has replaced the usual dining table and chairs as the go to for patio furniture. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes from fantastic retailers like Restoration Hardware, West Elm and Serena & Lily. I love using fun, bold pillows outdoors to add some colour. The patio is a great place to experiment with colour and pattern because the outdoors are meant to be bright and cheery right? I’m loving the Monaco collection from Serena & Lily!
Images via Classy in the City, Wandering the Good, Verdigris Vie, Coco & Kelley
I’m so excited to finally share our wedding with you! It was the best day of our lives and we are so thankful for all of the amazing people that worked with us to pull it all off! Our wedding has been featured on Wedding Obsession! Check out the full post here. Big thank you to Dallas & Sabrina of Dallas Kolotylo Photography for capturing each moment perfectly!
Images copyright: Dallas Kolotylo Photography
Hello! There’s been a bit of radio silence on the blog. Unfortunately this happens when work gets extra cray and things are busy. So far April is kicking my ass. I’ve been working hard on business development, projects, clients and my endless to-do list never seems to dwindle. But all that being said, I’m looking forward to warmer weather, fun projects and a trip to Vegas with my family in May to top it off. I also have a HUGE project/collaboration coming up that I CAN’T WAIT to tell you all about! I’ve been working on this on and off since October and will be able to share the final design in June, but the details will be on the blog shortly!
Above is an article I wrote for Home Decor & Renovations magazine on spring trends. Check it out on page 38 for the full view!
Happy long weekend! I’m so looking forward to this extra day off. My to do list is a mile long (as it always is) so it’ll be nice to have an extra day to tackle it.
I plan on:
- Enjoying the Vancouver sunshine!
- Working on some website stuff, a makeover is in the works :)
- Getting my butt kicked by Jillian Michaels- just downloaded 30 Day Shred. Um wow!
- Having a family dinner this Saturday to look at our wedding pics! I’ll post a few next week.
- Spring cleaning my closet- packing away the warm winter coats and bringing out the lightweight blazers.
- Prepping for my first trade show that is taking place April 13th in the Olympic Village in Vancouver. It’s called the Fresh Look Vancouver, check out their Facebook page for more information!
Hope you have a great long weekend! Happy Easter!