It’s about time for me to sign off the blog until January…womp womp. You see, it’s the official two week countdown to my wedding. And it’s just starting to hit me. Oh and there’s Christmas. And countless events. And working out. And planning those finishing touches. My plate is full. In the perfect world, I’d have time to blog everyday because I truly love doing it. But alas, my real life is taking over. It may be a little early to wrap it up for the Holidays, but wow does wedding planning ever take up a lot of time!
I hope you have the most wonderful holiday season! I know that regardless of our big day coming in two weeks, I will slow down and cherish the time I have with my friends and family during our Christmas celebrations. After the events in Newtown this past Friday, it’s more important than ever to hold close the people you love and say those three words to them on a daily basis. I am in disbelief something like this actually happened. It’s an absolute outrage. I hope and pray the parents and families can find peace over time. I can’t begin to imagine or even try to put myself in their shoes. But I pray for them and weep with them. Their little kids will not be forgotten.
I will be back mid January with wedding posts galore :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope everyone’s day is romantic, lovey and mush filled! Sorry if I’ve made anyone nauseous. But I truly hope you can spend the day with the ones you love whether it be your partner, husband, wife, Mom, Dad, grandparents and best friends! I’ll be working today, but spending tonight at home making a steak dinner with the love of my life. Cheers to love!
Check out these awesome Valentine’s on Kate Spade’s site. This one above was designed by my Blogshop teacher, the lovely Bri Emery of Design Lovefest. And the “gem” one above was designed by Dana Lucas. Check them all out here.
Images from top right: My Sparrow Blog, Sweet and Saucy Shop, Bfrend bracelet (get them here!), relaxed tumblr, Brian Attwood Pumps, Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Holiday break! I’ve been a little m.i.a. the past few days as I have been relaxing, eating, shopping, pampering and sleeping. I’ve had a really great restful holiday and I’m actually looking forward to getting back into work mode next week. However, to really kick off the new year, my mom and I are going on an impromptu trip to Vegas next weekend for her birthday.
I’m really looking forward to 2012 and all of the changes and opportunities it will bring. I always love the beginning of a new year, there’s something so fresh about a new start. I’ll be doing a little thinking over the next couple of days about my resolutions. I find it helps to write them down and keep them in a place you can look at them every now and again when you get side tracked. So here’s to a great year ahead!
This weekend includes:
- a few last sleep ins….. I’ve been really indulging this week!
- office clean out
- a trip to the gym- let’s start on those resolutions early!
- ringing in 2012 on Saturday…..not sure where yet. Either at a party all glammed up or cozied up in a blanket watching the ball drop accompanied by a delicious steak, champagne and the love of my life. Decisions, decisions!
- grocery shopping on Sunday. I WILL grocery shop. My new resolution is to make sure I go on Sundays. I always seem to put it off then do a mad dash on Monday when I’m too busy working.
Happy last weekend of 2011! Make it count!
Images via Twenty One Two
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has great party and family plans for this weekend. I’ll be heading to my parents house for a Christmas Eve party that I imagine will get pretty “festive” ie. lots of wine and food to be had. Christmas will be spent opening gifts and indulging in more delicious food.
Officially on the agenda:
- Today I’ll be relaxing as it’s my first day off and I’ll be recovering from our girls Christmas party that was hosted at my place last night.
- I’ll be wrapping gifts on Saturday day
- Heading to the bf’s parents house for Christmas Eve dinner
- Then off to my parents party to catch up with family and friends
- Christmas Day is going to be filled with love, gift sharing, food and family
- I may hit up some Boxing Day sales, we’ll see!
I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa treats you well!
Image via Twenty One Two (Instagram)
NYE is right around the corner! Do you have an outfit planned? I actually don’t come to think of it, but I’m sure I will rummage through my closet and find something last minute. Yet this dress would be my number one choice if budget wasn’t an issue!
Clockwise from top left:
- TIBI Black Tuxedo Jacket with Leather Trim, Style Bop
- Phoebe Gold Earrings, Calypso St. Barth
- Rare Opulence Feather Bustier Dress, The Outnet (check out this one too!)
- Alexander McQueen Clutch, ssense.com (similar)
- Christian Louboutin Lady Peep Pump, Barneys (the perfect Barbie shoe!)
Some Christmas gift ideas for the last minute shoppers like myself! I’ll be heading out tomorrow morning to start and finish my shopping. Wish me luck!
- Ipad case, Michael Kors
- Deborah Lippmann- Before He Cheats, Zappos
- Gold Clutch, Michael Kors
- Cashmere Gloves, J Crew
- Tory Burch Leather Cuff, Shopbop
- Artic Fox Faux Fur Throw, Restoration Hardware
- Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover, West Elm
- Voluspa Candle, The Cross
- Ciara High Heel Pump, Tory Burch
- Lacquered Boxes, Plantation Designs
- Crystal Brulee Bracelet, J Crew
- Leopard Belt, J Crew
I spent the day yesterday decorating my company tree at the Sutton Place Hotel in downtown Vancouver. I’m so thrilled with the results of my little tree! A lot of time and energy went into thinking up a colour scheme, scouring all of the decor stores and gathering inspiration.
I decided to go with a more feminine vintage feel with my tree. I also wanted to make sure that the tree decor related to my design aesthetic- classic with a modern twist and detail oriented. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good traditional Christmas tree, but this one I wanted to represent me- girly girl to the extreme!
I started with white lights, added cream and gold ribbon and then gold dusted pine cones. Next I decorated with the glittery flowers and berries, which really brought the colour to the tree. Then came the pearlescent cream and matte gold balls. I finished off with the fun accessories like the feathery, glittery birds. I thought it would be a good idea to have some great “neutral” basics like the gold pine cones and cream and gold balls. This way, if I get sick of the pink in a few years, I can just switch those flowers out for a whole other colour scheme. It’s really the same way I decorate. Invest in great neutral larger pieces like the sofa, then have fun with colour and pattern in the fabrics, accessories and art. These items can be more easily switched out every few years without breaking the bank. Just damaging it slightly :)
I hope that if you’re in the Vancouver area you can come down to the Sutton Place Hotel and take a gander at the trees. There are some BEAUTIFUL ones there by other designers and decorators alike. You can vote for your favourite tree while you’re there by making a $5 donation to the PALS Autism School. Feel free to vote for my tree :) I’ll be there tonight at the charity event
pressuring charming people to vote for me!
Images via Twenty One Two
Happy Halloween! What are your plans for this spooktacular weekend? I’ll be heading to a party in the city, although I originally planned to stay inside and cozy up. But I managed to pull together an inexpensive costume so I’m good to go.
This weekend consists of:
- Date night Friday at the movies
- A little shopping prep on Saturday for our Halloween event
- Getting my hair done because I’m too lazy to do it myself
- Dressing up as a sparkly sailor for Saturday night
- Spending Sunday lounging around and getting our washing machine fixed. Woo!
- Sunday dinner with the fam…..must steal Halloween candy :)
Images via Pottery Barn & Country Living