Hey hey hey! Happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a fantastic holiday season and new year so far! I just arrived back from my honeymoon in Maui this past weekend. And wow is it cold here in Vancouver! We had the best, most relaxing time in Maui and I seriously did not want to come home. More importantly, our wedding was hands down the best day of my life :) Erik and I keep saying how we want to do it all over again because we had so much fun with all of our best friends and family. We truly felt (and feel) soooo lucky to have such amazing people in our lives. It truly made the day that much more special. I’ll do a quick post on the wedding this week, but once I get the photos back, I will share more details about the big day. You can follow me on Instagram to see a few pictures that I have already posted.
On to the resolutions……this year I only have a few. I use to be huge on writing resolutions, but I figured that I shouldn’t wait until the start of a new year to make self-improvements. However, January always feels like a fresh start for me and I always have a new found motivation to make it the best year yet. 2012 was pretty crazy for me- our engagement and wedding were the most memorable moments. I can’t wait to make 2013 an even more exciting and fun filled year :)
1) Twenty One Two Designs Inc.- My baby. I have been in business for just over three years and I can’t wait to see what this next year will bring. I will be focusing on developing my business in the next few months and taking it to new places. I have a few dreams in mind that may not happen this year, but I definitely want to start laying the ground work.
2) Get published. There. I said it. I have high hopes of getting published in one of my few favourite design magazines and I want to make it happen this year. I have a feature coming out soon, but I hope to have one or maybe two more this year.
3) Health- a few months before the wedding I really got my ass in gear. I cut back significantly on wheat, a huge intolerance for me. The difference I noticed was unbelievable and made it possible for me to finally start to lose a few lbs and get rid of that puffy, bloated feeling. It was really holding me back. I also took it up a notch (or five) at the gym. Since then, I have felt more energetic, feel more confident and just healthier overall.I plan on keeping this up and making it a lifestyle change.
4) Photography- Being in Maui, made me realize once again that I want to be able to take better photos. No, I’m not trying to make a career change, but I would like to better document my life and travels in photos that aren’t overexposed, under lit or with a ton of red eye.
5) Design knowledge- I want to expand my horizons in the design world. I need to make a more conscious effort to learn about new products in the industry and get better acquainted with fresh companies and suppliers.
6) Paint our apartment! I’m sick of our colours. We have some beautiful new wedding gifts for our home which has made me catch the makeover bug. I won’t be going crazy by any means, as I am saving funds to move, but a fresh coat of paint will really make the space feel new again.
That’s about it for me….well, at least for now. Here’s to making resolutions stick! What are yours?