I’ve never been a bookworm, always making excuses that I’m too busy or have work to do instead of read. But lately, I’ve been gravitating towards books of all kinds and have these five on my “Must Read” list over the next few weeks.
- Born to be Brad by Brad Goreski with Mickey Rapkin- I’ve always been a fan of Brad Goreski ever since his days on the Rachel Zoe Project. He was always so sweet and I just had the biggest soft spot for him. Styling on his own now, I can’t wait to hear how he has gotten this far.
- The Business of Design by Keith Granet- After meeting the author in NY at the Kravet Blogfest, I had to purchase his book and look forward to hearing his insight on how to run an efficient and profitable design business.
- A Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel– Bethenny is absolutely hilarious and I love her no BS attitude. She breaks down her 10 rules of how to get everything you want out of life and how she has overcome her own obstacles. Started this one last night!
- Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis– I have been a long time sufferer of digestive issues ever since a vacation to Mexico that has left me seeing doctor after doctor for years trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. I’m so fed up of my life revolving around my eating schedule and just “living with it” so I have done some research into the harm that wheat and gluten can do to your body. My friend recommended this book on the weekend and since then I have heard great things about it. I think it’s a sign. I have tested negative for celiac disease but still see a strong correlation with eating wheat and my symptoms worsening. It will be so interesting to read what this diet is all about. I will be trying out the diet once I am finished the book in the next few weeks. Wish me luck!
- Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space and Entertaining With Ease by Emily Schuman– I just ordered this book of Amazon and it will arrive in the next 2 weeks. I am so excited to check out Emily’s style tips as I adore her blog; it was the first one I started following.
What’s on your “Must Read” list this summer?